How did atlassian make "marketplace" - confluence + what?

Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

Hi all (especially Atlassian):

Does anyone know what Atlassian uses to make / manage the plugin marketplace sites? The market place is quite sweet and I have an internal need to manage / "market" many resuable components within my organization. Since we already use the Atlassian tool set I was hoping to find out details on the approach Atlassian took to build and maintain its marketplace.

So, doesn't anyone know how they did it or have any good examples of projects that support pulling build / source / issue tracking together in a market place?

Thanks

Peter

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

Hi Peter,

The Atlassian Marketplace was built by our team from the ground up-- it's written in Scala and uses a MongoDB data store. We use a lot of open-source technologies in our codebase, but it's not really possible to package and re-purpose what we've built.

cheers,

John

Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2014

Thanks John. So, I had a feeling that might be the case. I have much to refactor and automate before I can populate an internal market place with data in a reliable way. I'll take a look at some other projects as well for inspiration on approaches.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events