How could I get Panel without rounded corners?

Esko Ryökäs December 6, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Panel Macro

The modern type on websites prefers coloured bars. It is like "Panel"s but without roundings at the corners. Does it exist any commands or macros for that? Or could it be made by "panel" macro?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esko Ryökäs June 2, 2016

I repeat what I wrote above:

Could it be possibly to modify Section macro to get this effect. I know, this is impossible nowadays. But this could be a way to produce that modern look which is more and more common. There we have horizontal areas of some (or many) rows, usually lightly coloured with some kind of grey. This question seems to be important to our university and they seem to look after other programs.

1 vote
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2015

You can do it with a combination of the Round Rectangle and CSS macros:

image2015-12-7 11:40:51.png

image2015-12-7 11:41:38.png

Esko Ryökäs December 8, 2015

Thanks. Unfortunately, this seems not to work. We don't have these elements to use on our department. I suppose, we can't use CSS's. Any other ways to create?

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2015

You could just use a table:

image2015-12-8 12:41:34.png

For a little more control on the border, you can also use the HTML Table and Table Cell macros:

image2015-12-8 12:37:32.png

image2015-12-8 12:36:55.png

And, of course, there is always the option of creating the "panels" in another program and pasting them in as graphics.

Esko Ryökäs December 8, 2015

Thanks. Of course, "panels" from another progam could help, but this is not practical solution with mobile. It is also quite difficult to modify. With Panels and Tables you still have something white on both side. It seems impossible to get the effect you can se e.g. on Atlassian homepage https://www.atlassian.com/

0 votes
Esko Ryökäs May 28, 2016

Could it be possibly to modify Section macro to get this effect. I know, this is impossible nowadays. But this could be a way to produce that modern look which is more and more common. There we have horizontal areas of some (or many) rows, usually lightly coloured with some kind of grey. This question seems to be important to our university and they seem to look after other programs.

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2015

I figured out how to do the panels just like on Atlassian's website, BUT, you have to use CSS. As long as you are using Confluence server (not cloud) then the CSS macro should be available to you. If not, tell your admin that you need it.

image2015-12-14 13:21:2.png

image2015-12-14 13:21:42.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events