Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How come links are not redirecting to a heading on a different page on the updated Confluence?

Developer July 17, 2017

After the new update links are no longer redirecting to a certain heading with the Advanced link option (My page#My heading). When I click on a link it takes me to the desired page, but it doesn't scroll the page down to the heading.

Before the update everything worked out smoothly. But I discovered today that links are no longer working correctly and this causes me problems because there are a lot of pages and a lot of links that need to be connceted.

What should I do? Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

1 answer

2 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2017

I wrote this Javascript to be able to link to anchors that are within expand blocks, but it also checks if an anchor link is missing the page title and adds it automatically, which might be the issue that is preventing your pages from working properly. Maybe you could try it?

from https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-27357?focusedCommentId=673236&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-673236 

<script>
var expandAnchor = function() {
  var hash = decodeURIComponent(window.location.hash);
  if (hash) {
    var hashPageTitle = AJS.params.pageTitle.split(" ").join("");
    if (hash.indexOf(hashPageTitle) === -1) {
      if (jQuery.isNumeric(hashPageTitle.substring(0,1))) {
        hash = "#id-" + hashPageTitle + "-" + hash.slice(1);
      } else {
        hash = "#" + hashPageTitle + "-" + hash.slice(1);
      }
    }
    var escapedId = hash.replace(/[!"$%&'()*+,.\/:;<=>?@[\\\]^`{|}~]/g, "\\$&");
    jQuery(escapedId).parents('.expand-container').children('.expand-hidden').prev().click();
    window.location.href=hash;
  }
}
AJS.toInit(function() {
  expandAnchor();
  jQuery(window).bind('hashchange', function() {
    expandAnchor();
  });
});
</script>

Suggest an answer

TAGS