How can you hide a Page, in a Space, from those that do not have even "View" permissions?

Coline Macorol September 15, 2017

I'm trying to hide certain pages, which are located on the sidebar, from users allowed in a space, but at the same time show it to those who are granted "view and editing" permissions.

Can you do this in Confluence?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2017

If those page restrictions are set, then security trimming in Confluence will mean other users who don't have explicit access granted won't see the link or be able to access the content.

Note: On server, any members of the default confluence-administrators group can see all content. Are you a member of that group?

Coline Macorol September 16, 2017

Thanks, James.

I am a member of the default confluence-admin group.

"If those page restrictions are set, then security trimming in Confluence will mean other users who don't have explicit access granted won't see the link or be able to access the content."

Do you mean that if the restrictions are set beforehand, users granted access to the Space, but not necessarily to a specific page would not be able to see the link on the sidebar? What about restrictions that were edited after page creation?

I am having trouble hiding those from users that are not supposed to see them.  

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2017

Because you are in the confluence-admin group, those page restrictions have no effect on you. But once you restrict viewing of a page, they won't see it in the sidebar, search results or anywhere else. It doesn't matter if you set them when the page is created or later.

I'd suggest checking those restrictions using another account that is setup like a normal user of the space.

Obviously if you manually create a hard coded link somewhere, they'll see that but won't be able to access the page.

Coline Macorol September 17, 2017

Thanks James!

You were right on the money, the user I was testing out had admin rights. Therefore, he was able to see the pages. Now, everything looks how it supposed to be.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events