Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we save images in a confluence server

sidhartha May 21, 2015

I use confluence for documenting and I use a lot of images. Is there a way to store all the images attached to our Wiki pages to a particular server? This would help us to locate the images for future reference

1 answer

2 votes
Luiz Maia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2015

Hello there!

All the Confluence attachments, as default, are stored into Confluence Home Directory. You can identify what is the directory of your home folder on <confluence-install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties.

I understand you want to store the attachments/images on a different server, so we would need to "move" this home directory to the other server. For this to be possible to work, the first requirement is that your other Server can communicate to the Confluence server on the same network. Then, you'll need to map this network share as a network drive, because Tomcat does not work with the slashes ("\\") present in the network share name.

After you have the network drive for the attachments server configured, you'll just need to come back to <confluence-install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties and change the home-directory to the path of the network drive you've created.

Please let me know should you have any questions. Thanks! smile

Kind regards,

Luiz Maia
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events