Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we enable a search option for end user to search jira issues on confluence site

Karteek July 18, 2020

Need a search option ( search Textbox )  for end user to search jira issues on confluence site.

A dynamic search which will filter and fetch the issues from jira to confluence.

2 answers

0 votes
Robby Holtmann_IntraFind Software AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 8, 2021

Hello @Vitor LC 

Unfortunately I only saw your entry now. Perhaps you are interested in a real enterprise search solution for Confluence:

iFinder Confluence Search is available at Atlassian Marketplace. and you can start directly with a trial. 

You can extend iFinder Confluence Search with our Jira connector. With that you are abel to work with search profiles. Users in the Jira-Profile will get then additional Filter & Facets for Jira into the search UI in "iFinder Confluence Search".

Our article in the Atlassian community will give you more information. If you like a demo first, please contact us at atlassian@intrafind.com

Best regards

Robby

0 votes
Vitor LC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2020

Hi @Karteek ,

Did you consider using the Jira Issues Macro (more info at Atlassian)? You will need first to link Confluence to Jira.

The other only way I can remember it may work is creating your own macros using Jira REST API.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Vitor

Karteek July 20, 2020

Thank you for the response. I am using table filter to search with In the jira macro data. The problem which I am facing is jira macro is not displaying complete Jira data and is limited to 20 records and table filter search is also limited to those 20 records. if user clicks on more Data link , it is navigating to Jira, which is not our need , there should be a pagination and user should able to search in the whole data. Please let me know your thoughts.

Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2020

@Karteek, it is possible to increase the Jira Issues limit up to 1000 issues in the macro settings.

Karteek July 20, 2020

Thank you for your quick response. I increased it to full list, then by default it is taking 1000, as there is no pagination for the Macro, it is displaying as a huge list. By using confluence source editor included a parameter for dynamic display to enable pagination, now the table filter is not fetching the data from entire list, it is limited to current page but the requirement is to search in complete list.

Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2020

In this case, you can set the Show first N rows parameter to 0+ in the Table Filter macro. It will show no rows until filtration is applied. Or set it to 20+ to show 20 rows by default.

Like Vitor LC likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events