How can a Confluence admin check and correct the restrictons of a particular calendar that he is not allowed to see?

linde-engineering-uk January 14, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Restrict a Calendar

How can a Confluence admin check and correct the restrictons of a particular calendar that he is not allowed to see?

This is a common support case in companies and I'm wondering that there is no admin screen to see and modify all created team calendars in the system...

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
linde-engineering-uk January 17, 2016

OK, no answer is an answer anyhow sad

I finally was able to solve the issue. Please find the findings in the following:

• There is no "manage view" even for Confluence admins to manage team calendars created in the system.
  • Confluence admins are able to see all team calendars e.g. in My Calendars view but cannot change anything like restrictions in the UI if not allowed to.
  • Entries in the BANDANA table with BANDANDAKEY values like "__view_events_users__", "__view_events_groups__", "__view_events_groups__" and "__view_events_groups__". contain the restrictions for team calendars (XML expression in CLOB column). They can be corrected in the database if there is no other option (calendar owner unknown or absent). In my case, Confluence crashed right after the update when looking at the My Calendars view but it works as intended after restart.
  • The usage of XML and iCal as storage format is probably the reason why Team Calendars performs so slowly.

As conclusion I have to state that this topicis another confirmation that Team Calendars still fails for enterprise solutions - even if I really like its concepts.

0 votes
linde-engineering-uk January 14, 2016

Sorry for being impatient but my customers are still waiting for an answer. And on the other hand this seems to be a rather very basic and simple question that should be raised before if some companies ever used the Team Calendars plugin...

At the moment I'm just afraid that there is no possibility in the UI but what about database?

I just realized that there are entries in the BANDANA table with BANDANDAKEY values like "__view_events_users__", "__view_events_groups__", "__view_events_groups__" and "__view_events_groups__".

Are this the restrictions of team calendars?

Your quick reply is much appreciated!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events