How can I use the page include macro on a Jira Service Desk knowledge base?

Michela Baca November 22, 2017

I am setting up a Service Desk knowledge base that points to a Space on our confluence site.  We have restricted the number of confluence licenses but have a larger JIRA user base.  I set the permissions up to allow active users to see the Confluence KB.  

I created a page and used the page include macro to pull in content to the knowledge base space but the page is not displaying.  How can I adjust the permissions without enabling anonymous access?

2 answers

0 votes
Michela Baca November 28, 2017

The page is in a different space.  I am trying to build a curated Knowledgebase for active Jira users who don't have a Confluence license.  I don't want to have to manage duplicate pages in two difference spaces if I can avoid it.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Michela

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2017

Michela,

I agree that it is best practice to not have duplicate information in Confluence. However, users are only able to view content they have permission to see.

If the page is on a space which is restricted to Confluence users, then Jira users without Confluence licenses will not be able to view it. It would either need to be a part of your knowledge base space, or the page will need to be accessible to anonymous users.

I hope this helps, but do let me know if you'd like any further details on any of the above.

Kind regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2017

Hi Michela,

Where is the page include macro pulling content from? Is it from another space or the same space? Users will need to have view permissions on the page that is being included in order to view it:

Per Include Page Macro:

To display a page's contents, you need 'View' permission for that page. Similarly, people who view the page will need 'View' permissions for the embedded page as well as the page into which it is embedded. See space permissions or contact your Confluence space administrator for more information.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Michela Baca November 27, 2017

Thanks Shannon,

I am trying to figure out what the correct permissions would be for the embedded page so that my Service Desk users can access it without having a Confluence permission.  I have set up the Service Desk knowledge base to cater to this group of Jira users.  Can you provide some suggestions on how that might work?

Thank you

Michela

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 28, 2017

Michela,

Is the page you're embedding in the same space you set up as a Knowledge Base in Service Desk, or is it in a different space? 

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events