Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I update tables simultaneously across other pages in Confluence?

Scott Federman February 20, 2019

I have a table on one page in confluence that i want to copy onto another. However, when either one is updated, I want it to automatically update the other. 

Is this possible? 

If not, is it at least possible that the table on the main page, when edited,  reflects on the other replicated tables on the other pages?

2 answers

2 votes
Mario Plagaro December 16, 2022

Hi!

As I see this was an old issue, has any new capability been implemented recently for creating and updating synchronized tables in confluence? 

I would ideally like to filter them independently if possible. I would be a nice added functionality to this equation! Is there any way of doing this? 

Thanks in advance!

Mario

Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 16, 2022

Hi @Mario Plagaro,

We can suggest using our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app and its Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros.

You’ll be able to reuse your source table several times (all the changes made to the original table will be reflected in the reused tables automatically) and filter/visualize each copy independently. You’ll get a kind of a dashboard based on one source table.

Maybe you’ll be interested in a live demo from our team – we’ll be happy to organize it.

Like # people like this
2 votes
Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2019

Hi Scott,

Check out the Excerpt and Excerpt Include macros.  Any edits made to the table on the main page (in the Excerpt macro) would be reflected globally on all other pages (using the Excerpt Include macro).  I don't know of an easy way to have multiple instances of a table, except maybe using a Google doc in a Widget Connector macro.

Good luck!

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2019

You were faster than me Jared! Thanks for hopping in.

Yeah, having a "master table" inside a excerpt macro should work as intended.

Keep sharing with the Community!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events