Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I turn on comment pins for images in Confluence 6?

Marcus Reese June 20, 2017

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/share-and-comment-on-files-704578253.html says we can pin comments on images, but I'm not seeing it.

Things I've tried:

- Paste image in edit mode, preview (no pin option there), update to publish, click on image (no pin option there), select image (no pin option pops up), edit (no pinnable comment option there).

- Drag and drop pdf, update to publish, click (just downloads the file).

- Use PDF macro to import pdf image, click to run PDF viewer (no pin option there).

- Search macros for Preview (no such thing).

1 answer

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2017

Is the lightbox coming up at all when you click the image? If not, please check whether the plugin "Confluence Previews" is enabled under Confluence Admin>Add-ons>filter by All Add-ons.

Please let me know what browser you are using.

Marcus Reese June 23, 2017

Thanks! I asked our administrator to enable the plugin, and now things are working in Chrome. He says in Firefox it only seems to work on PDFs, not images:

" I tried commenting on your page again, and was able to pin a comment to the PDF.  I couldn't view the PNG files (just got a spinner, and the list of files changed to all PDF). "

He also suggested that you put that plugin info on the Documentation page "Share and Comment on Files."

Again, thanks so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events