How can I sign-in to OnDemand's Confluence from Google Apps WITHOUT JIRA

Yuen-Chi Lian December 28, 2011

Hi, the requirement here suggests that I will need JIRA OnDemand before I integerate Confluence OnDemand with Google Apps. But, I do not use JIRA (as we use something else in our organization), paying the extra $ for the integration doesn't seem practical.

Is there some way that I can get around this or I should raise a feature request instead?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kelvin Yap
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2011

Hi yclian,

As you've correctly pointed out, it's currently a requirement that JIRA be an activated application in your OnDemand instance if you wish to integrate with Google Apps. OnDemand leverages JIRA's centralised user management functionality which, in conjunction with Google Apps, provides powerful user management tools for administering your OnDemand instance for your organisation.

That being said there's definitely a case for situations where Google Apps integration is required but JIRA is not a needed application in an OnDemand instance. With that in mind I've gone ahead and raised a feature request on your behalf here - I'd love for you to vote and add your thoughts to the issue so our product team can get a better idea of such a need for this functionality in the future.

Cheers,

Kelvin Yap

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events