Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I restrict access to a whole page but not excerpts?

Craig Day July 28, 2016

We are wanting to have a page dedicated to a product. On that page there will be information that we want to pull to our public facing product landing pages. But some information we do not want the public to see.

I have set up the Visibility and Multiexcerpt add-ons but the issue is that I still have to have the page itself viewable to anonymous. But I don't want anonymous access to the whole page.

Any ideas or other add-ons that can remedy this?

1 answer

2 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2016

Try this workaround. Add a page at root (so it doesn't appear in the left-hand ToC) and set its visibility to allow anonymous view (yes the page can be viewed, but when it is at doc root level, they would have to know where it is).

Place all your excerpts on the special page. Include the excerpts on both the internal and public pages. Now your content is visible on both, and you get around the permissions issue. Also having a standard _includes page can make it easier to manage lots of common content.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events