Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove or delete a version of a page in confluence?

Jeannette Lamb April 2, 2013

We are using confluence version 4.1. The documentation says that if I am a space administrator I should be able to remove a specific version of a page. When I go to the page history, I see no option for removing a version, only restoring a version. I have space admin rights.

Am I missing something?

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

Hi there,

I'm sorry to say that you can only delete versions of pages from Confluence 5.0 onwards, before then the fucntionality isn't available so it is expected that you wouldn't see the option to delete the versions. However, you can check out the improvement request that this issue was being tracked in here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-996

All the best
John

2 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2013

Hi,

I think, deleting a version of a page is a new feature of Confluence 5.

Cheers

Thomas

0 votes
CelsoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

Hi Jnet,

The feature to remove one version of a page was not implemented on Confluence 4.1

You are able to do it only with Confluence 5.x

Regards.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2013

Hi, as I see what you have to do it's to check the version you want to delete and then press on Tools and then Erase, that way you can erase more than one in one click, the restoring version you only can do to one version, that's why the option it's in the line.

Hope this helps.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2013

Wrong answer. Deleting.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events