How can I recover content of page with "Unknown macro: 'numberedheadings'"

Steinar Bang
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2018

Platform:

• Confluence 5.10.2
  • CentOS 7.2.1511

We see several pages that seem to be empty with the content:

Unknown macro: 'numberedheadings'

If I look back in the history of the page I see one change where the page goes from lots of content to just the error message.

I'm assuming that the reason all content is gone is that this container works as a macro, ie. the original content of the page was pasted into the macro and that it is stored as XHTML content inside an XML element that's in a different namespace?

Is there some way to recover the XHTML content?  Or is the version before the macro was introduced the last version that is available?

It is possible that Confluence has been upgraded after the numberedheadings was introduced on the page, and that the numberedheadings macro wasn't present in the new confluence at the time of the import. If this is the case, would that affect whether the content is actually present or not?

Thanks!

- Steinar

2 answers

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2018

Well, the easiest way to fix the issue would be to just reinstall the Numbered Headings app. It's free anyways, and compatible with most versions of Confluence.

Another option would be to create a user macro with the macro name being "numberedheadings", body type "Rendered", and template code as

## @noparams
$body

After saving, you should be able see the content again, and then you can copy/paste the content to get it out of the macro. You can find all pages that have instances of the numberedheadings macro by searching for 

macroName:numberedheadings
Steinar Bang
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2018

Thanks! I think I will try to temporarily install the missing macro, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I will post back on this thread with the results when/if I get around to it.

0 votes
Scott McDonald September 16, 2021

The directions must not have been quite right, because now  the bottom of the page just says $ body !  Unfortunately I don't have any experience creating these macros myself.

Scott McDonald September 16, 2021

Anything for sequence-diagrams?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events