How can I receive fewer emails from confluence questions?

Tim Court January 29, 2015

My team, of about 60 people, is starting to heavily use confluence questions but we hate all the email spam. Is there any way to reduce the number of emails from Questions while still getting immediate notification from other confluence watches?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2015

I researched this a bit and there is a Confluence Questions feature request on that very topic here: Allow users to receive a daily digest of notifications (which should affect Atlassian Answers too...).

I suggest you vote for it and watch it (I just did!)

Awesome, thank you! :)

0 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2015

Hi Tim,

Does the answers have helped you? Because that are the options you have to find your way around. You should define your preferences for a digest and have a look at what you're watching.

0 votes
BenP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2015

I'm assume there's an easy way to publish into a hipchat room/stream

0 votes
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2015

Hi Tim, Could you be more specific as to what you mean by 'all the email spam'? I watch/follow two topics- confluence and confluence admin - and as far as I can recall, only receive emails related to Questions that are either questions using those tags/topics (I use them interchangeably because what CQ calls a Topic is more or less a tag), or from answers to those questions I have chosen to watch.

It is true that there are a lot of questions that get tagged with 'confluence' just like yours, but it's not spam because I've chosen to follow that tag/topic.

Could it be that people have chosen to follow too many tags/topics?  Or do you mean you are getting marketing emails from Atlassian pegged to Confluence Question activity?

Yes, people are getting an email for every question that is asked in the topics they are watching and the responses. As we're ramping up to this new platform this turns out to be dozens of emails per hour, which is turning people off of the platform because they see it as a huge distraction to their already over-taxed schedule. A few people are wondering if there's a way to reduce the volume of emails, perhaps as a daily or weekly digest.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events