How can I put the date of creation, latest update date and name of the user that created/updated the page as visible text on the page?

Karl Falk November 18, 2013

How can I put the date of creation, latest update date and name of the user that created/updated the page as visible text on the page?

Something like this:

Created by: xxxx

Created at : YYYYMMDD

Last Modfied by: NNN

Last Modified at: YYYYMMDD hh:mm

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Karl Falk December 4, 2013

I had hoped, there was need to do "programming", just to place some "known" meta-data in a document.

-

We are using AdHoc workflows which has a macro called metadat from that I have used, but I have problems fining out what metadat is available to report om.

A list of meta-data and how to reference the metadat would be nice.

0 votes
Karl Falk December 4, 2013

I had hoped, there was need to do "programming", just to place some "known" meta-data in a document.

-

We are using AdHoc workflows which has a macro called metadat from that I have used, but I have problems fining out what metadat is available to report om.

A list of meta-data and how to reference the metadat would be nice.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2013

There are some built in macros such as Contributors and Contributors Summary that show some of the info you want. If you have access to the Page Layout decorator, there are other ways to do this without writing a User Macro. Let me know and I can give you an example.

As far as documentation on the user macro language, it's pretty sparse, but you can start here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Writing+User+Macros

hth,

matt

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2013

You will most likely want to do this as a User Macro like this:

## Macro title: Page Data
## Macro has a body: N
## Body processing: n/a
## Output: HTML
##
## Developed by: Matthew J. Horn
## Date created: 11/19/2013
## @noparams

Created: $action.dateFormatter.formatGivenString("dd-MMM-yyyy", $content.getCreationDate())<br/>
Created by: $content.getCreatorName()<br/>
Last modified: $action.dateFormatter.formatGivenString("dd-MMM-yyyy", $content.getLastModificationDate())<br/>
Last modified by: $content.getLastModifierName()<br/>

Karl Falk November 24, 2013

Hi, thanks for your answer. Is there a way for me as a normal user/not administrator to include this directly into the document, rather than ask an admin to create a user macro?

-

Also where can I find documentation on the syntax of the language you have used and list of available variables I can reference in the macro's

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events