Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I populate Confluence form fields with data from ServiceNow? ...

Chris Meisenzahl December 13, 2022

I'm pretty new to this. And I have access to the SN REST API.

What I'd like to do is read a value a user enters into a Confluence form field like "ABC123" and then use that value to request additional info for that ticket from SN.

Then I could fill in other fields on the Confluence form using REST API calls to SN.

For example, I know the ticket number is "ABC123" ...

Then I can populate the date and subject fields in Confluence.

Thanks very much in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2022

Hi @Chris Meisenzahl 

How is your Confluence form is built? What app are you using or is it something custom?

Alex

Chris Meisenzahl December 14, 2022

Hey, thanks, Alex. I'm not sure what the answer is to those. :)

But I'm chasing down some options on this end as I learn more. And I just found a few other relevant threads here.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2022

Hi Chris

Not that I am promoting our ConfiForms app here, but this is something this app is capable of.

Looking up data from a web service, and then setting the field values found into the local form fields.

If you go this route then feel free to open a ticket with us and I will be happy to assist you and show how this can be done with ConfiForms

Alex

Like Chris Meisenzahl likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events