How can I overwrite all my local changes and pull everything on the server to my machine?

Hi Team,

This is Kumar,

I have an issue with confluence 3.5 version. i need to install confluence in my local machine(Linux Mint). I am unable to get the old version of Confluence 3.5. When i am trying to download getting latest version(6.4) only.

Can any one please help to get old version of Confluence 3.5.

Thanks in Advance..

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Oct 10, 2017

Hi Kumar,

you can get older versions here:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download-archives

Thanks for reply Thomas. I need to configure manually in local server. Which file ineed to download either EXE or ZIP or TAR.GZ?

Please suggest

How can we run .exe file in linux if it is possible.

I n case of tar.gz file then how can we set environment variable.

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Oct 10, 2017

Hi Kumar,

use the tar.gz. This is the one for Linux.

You can't run an exe file in linux. There are .sh-Files that will do.

Please read the installation guide for the 3.5 - Version here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Confluence+Installation+and+Upgrade+Guide

I think, this will help you.

Thank you Thomas,

I have configured confluence. But unable to run services. 

'service confluence start' command failed.

Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2017-10-10 12:50:07 IST; 4h 8min ago
CGroup: /system.slice/confluence.service
└─3358 /opt/atlassian/confluence/jre/bin/java -classpath /opt/atlassian/confluence/temp/1.0.0-release-confluence_6.1-4020a123.jar:/opt/atla

Oct 10 11:10:43 msuser1 runuser[1433]: pam_unix(runuser:session): session closed for user confluence
Oct 10 11:10:43 msuser1 systemd[1]: Started confluence.service.
Oct 10 12:50:07 msuser1 systemd[1]: Stopping confluence.service...
Oct 10 12:50:07 msuser1 systemd[1]: confluence.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=203
Oct 10 12:50:07 msuser1 systemd[1]: Stopped confluence.service.
Oct 10 12:50:07 msuser1 systemd[1]: confluence.service: Unit entered failed state.
Oct 10 12:50:07 msuser1 systemd[1]: confluence.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Oct 10 12:52:48 msuser1 systemd[1]: Stopped confluence.service.
Oct 10 12:55:36 msuser1 systemd[1]: Stopped confluence.service.
Oct 10 15:04:30 msuser1 systemd[1]: Stopped confluence.service.

You'll need to read <confluence install>/log/catalina.out and <confluence home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log

Hi Team,

When i am trying start the confluence service getting below error.

Failed to start confluence.service: Unit confluence.service not found.

Please suggest the solution

You have not created a systemd init file for it.  The tar install can't do that for you, you have to do it yourself.

When you start it manually though, is it ok?  There's no point trying to create the systemd stuff unless you know the installation works.

Hi Nic,

Where can i create system init file. Please suggest location or path

See https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/systemd as an example.  Most distributions document something similar.

Thank you Nic,

I have configured confluence 3.5 successfully. Installed MySql database server. Now i need to mount my old database sql file(wiki.sql) to confluence 3.5.

Please suggest the way to mount hte sql file.

Hello All,

please suggest that which mysql version is required to restore database to confluence 3.5..

Thanks in Advance..

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Supported+Platforms (I point you there rather than answer because I suspect you're going to have more environment questions and that answers a lot of the ones I'd be asking)

Hey Nic,

Can i go through 'mysql-5.1.72-linux-x86_64-glibc23.tar.gz'.

I am new to environment. Please suggest.

I don't understand the question.  You need to install the database driver as documented in the 3.5 installation instructions.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Confluence

Add-on evaluation with confluence templates

Atlassian market place contains number of Apps/Addons which improves the capability of out of the box Atlassian products. It is good to follow a plugin evaluation process before install add-ons. So t...

137 views 12 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you