How can I make the viewtracker appear in every new blank page that's created in Conluence?

Dan Conroy May 10, 2016

The viewtracker macro is very useful - but only if you remember to put it on the page when you create it.

How can I make sure that every newly created blank page in Confluence has the viewtracker macro added by default (without using a template), regardless of which user is creating the document?

Thanks for your help,

Dan

3 answers

0 votes
Titta Lampela December 2, 2019

I have added viewtracker to the sidebar, which is visible on every page. This way it always calculates the visit of the page, that is currently open.

We're using Confluence Server and RefinedWiki.

0 votes
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2018

I am so sorry there has been no answer earlier. :(

No one has to stumble upon this question without an answer anymore!

There are multiple ways to archive your goal:

1. With Viewtracker 5 we shipped an auto tracking feature. If it is enabled the Viewtracker macro is no longer needed on every individual page. Check out our Administrator's Guide.
  2. Put Viewtracker on every page. See this FAQ entry: How can I include the Viewtracker macro on every page?
  3. Work with templates (I knowww you didn't exciply wanted this, but it is a solution). ;)

Cheers
Nick

0 votes
Dan Conroy May 18, 2016

Anyone? smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events