Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make sure that my page is first found when colleagues search confluence

Edith van der Meij July 14, 2013

All teams are using the same tool, so you will get lots of hits when searching. But if colleagues are looking for specific information about this tool, then page containing this must be on the top.

How can i achieve that?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2013

Hello Edith, you can use a set of labels to mark the pages and use them to retrieve the content when searching.

RPT Admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013

Depends which version of Confluence you're using. Labels are not indexed using 5.2.3. See discussion here and bug report here.

For clarity, you can still search labels using 5.2.3, but only using a specific labels search, such as "labelText:foo". But adding labels in 5.2.3 does nothing to affect general search results.

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013

Two things:

1. There are several criteria that affect where your page appears in the results. So it might vary from day to day depending on the activity (or not) that your page has experienced.

2. There is a plugin that you can use to force a page to be higher in the results, possibly even making it No 1. Have a look in the marketplace for this. I don't have time to do it now. Sorry. :)

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events