Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make every space user see when he is mentioned in a task or a simple @user on a page or as part of a comment?

Martin Steiner March 2, 2015

Hi,

having a problem with mentions of users, this is the setup: we're running confluence and have created several spaces, e.g. "App", "UX documentation", "Webshop". There's a user group called "confluence-users" which is basically all people that should have access to all spaces, without further limitations at the moment.

Now we're having the problem that users don't get a notification once they are mentioned in a @user as part of a page or its comments in any space. However, the [ ] @user does work.

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Please assist! Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2015

Hi Martin,

The mentions are related to the indexes. I would suggest to rebuild indexes from scratch and check if the issue persists.

Another problem might be some corruption in the workbox notification table. For that, I recommend to perform a clean of these tables. make sure to perform this on a staging environment:

DELETE FROM AO_9412A1_AOREGISTRATION;
DELETE FROM AO_9412A1_AONOTIFICATION;

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2015

Hi Martin,

Please check the article Configuring Workbox Notifications, it has information about configuring notifications. You can check if notifications are enabled with the steps provided under the section ‘Enabling Confluence workbox and in-app notifications.’

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

Martin Steiner March 3, 2015

Hi Paula,

thanks for your reply, our workbox notifications seem to be set up properly / as described in your link.
I deactivated and activated it again, same as before :/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events