Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make all the fields display when creating a JIRA issue from the Confluence?

Shalva Mamisashvili January 24, 2015

I have some confluence forms that I would like to to contain same information as the corresponding sections in JIRA. (Confluence forms will be for issuing to the client purposes and JIRA issues for tracking the close out progress) 

However, when I fill in the form, highlight the description text click JIRA logo to create JIRA issue, the only fields that pops up to populate is Issue type, Summary and Description. sad

1. Is there a way to create a form in Confluence so that once its filled in, JIRA link also gets created with the same information. 
  2. If not, is there a way to show up all the fields of the JIRA section when you create an issue from Confluence?

Thank you so much

Shalva

2 answers

1 vote
William Rojas (Black Diamond) April 30, 2015

Julian:

The 'Confluence Reference' is going to be automatically added via the 'mentioned in' link that will appear in the JIRA issue with a link back to the Confluence page, where the issue was created from.

I too am looking a way to set other attributes beyond Summary and Description.

0 votes
Julian Green (KMIS) March 18, 2015

I have a very similar problem I want to create JIRA Issues from a confluence page and setup dashboards to look at those tickets. How can I populate a custom field with a "Confluence Reference" of some kind?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events