Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I link Jira tickets in the Confluence Roadmap planner template?

Shafaq Malik June 17, 2022

Hi, I have inserted a template for the roadmap in confluence.

But I can't attach a Jira ticket to it, it only gives the option to attach/create a confluence page to the bars.

Any idea how to do it? I am using first template 'Roadmap Planner' (screenshot atathced)

roadmap image.png

2 answers

0 votes
Takafumi Ohtake -Ricksoft-
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 21, 2022

Hi @Shafaq Malik 

Using Jira roadmap or Advanced Roadmaps is an option as Connor said.

Using Gantt Chart Planner for Confluence is another option to resolve this problem.
Each task can have an arbitrary web link so it can be a link to a Jira issue.

I summarized the pros and cons of ways to draw roadmaps in Confluence in this article.
I hope it's useful for you.

Regards,
Takafumi

(Disclaimer: I'm one of the folks in the vendor.)

0 votes
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2022

I don't find the Roadmap Planner macro to be very useful when my company also uses Jira and can create a roadmap in Jira. If you want to use that macro, you could paste the URL of Jira issues into the description of each roadmap item, though that's not an elegant solution.

The better choice would be the Jira roadmap or Advanced Roadmaps for Jira macros. Those will allow you to embed a basic or advanced roadmap from Jira into Confluence.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events