How can I know which other pages refer to my page via an “Include Page” Macro in confluence?

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2014

Is there a way on knowing which other pages refer to my page via an “Include Page” Macro in confluence?

I need to be aware of the page is being used elsewhere, just in case I want to delete or make major changes to the page. Many thanks

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2014

I found this link https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-24568and looks like it will be fixed in the latest version.

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2014

Sherry,

Have you tried looking at Tools/Page Information?

That has a list of all pages that are linked to the current one, and which one it links to as well. It also has other useful info.

I always look at that before deleting a page.

Cheers.

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2014

Thanks, Mick. The page information does not show pages with "include page" macro.

0 votes
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2014

Hi Sherry,

you could have a look at our Add-on Scroll Versions.

Besides version- and variant-management functionality it offers enhanced content reuse. You can check where the included content is coming from and where else it's included. I think that should be exactly what you're looking for.

Cheers,
Nils

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2014

Thanks, Nils, will try and see if that works, as it's not free, need approval from our management.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2014

This was a plugin that used to index macro parameters. It says it is supported up to 4.3.7, but sometimes plugins still work even though they only say they work with a lower version. If you are on a version higher than 4.3.7 you could try manually installing it and giving it a shot.

Plugin:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-macro-indexer-plugin

How to use it:
http://ffeathers.wordpress.com/2012/09/04/how-to-search-for-macros-and-macro-parameters-in-confluence-4/

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2014

I decided to give it a shot ... looks like it doesn't work with newer versions ... shucks!

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2014

Thanks for letting me know, Davin.

0 votes
discountrobot
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2014

Using the search parameter for finding macros and the title of the page you want to find

(macroName:include) AND (pageTitle)

Should give you the results you're looking for

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2014

Thanks, I used the above parameter but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. The result pages will have "include macro", but the pageTitle search all the content on the page(which is not the pageTitle I'm looking for).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events