How can I insert a Draw.io macro with a given diagram?

Eric_Masoero February 9, 2017

I just created a diagram in Draw.io via the Confluence plugin, got some boxes then i saved the file and i got redirected back to Confluence, but the macro doesn't show up. If i try to create the diagram again it says that the file already exists.

My question is how to insert a Draw.io macro with that file in order to display it and then modify it again? (Because if i insert a new macro it redirect me to the plugin view with no choice except creating a new diagram)

1 answer

0 votes
Boris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2017

When inserting the draw.io macro, you can choose to insert the existing diagram.

It should be in the recent diagrams or you can use search to find it.

Click the 'Link to diagram' button and the macro will point to the existing file.

Eric_Masoero February 9, 2017

When I insert a new macro like here

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 15.35.37.png

I'm instantly redirected to this view

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 15.35.54.png

And there is not a "Recents..." part in any subsection :/

Any idea?

Boris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2017

Upgrade the plugin to the latest version and see if that helps. It is a pay-for version. I suspect you are using a very old version which was free.

Quentin Dequippe February 9, 2017

Please find Eric's response here (not able to answer you for 24 hours):

It's the embedded plugin in Confluence cloud, but indeed there was an update.
Unfortunately, even after updating, the problem is still here, I'm redirected to the creation view right after inserting the macro, without a "Recents.." part. And I can't see how to find my previous diagram.
The current version is 1.3.3-AC.
Any other idea?
Thanks for your time by the way!

Boris
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2017

Ah, it's cloud. I'm afraid there's no obvious way to do it yet.

One less obvious way would be to edit the page's XML and change the "diagramName" macro parameter to match the name of the diagram you already have. Backing up the page is highly advised in that case.

William Booth September 22, 2017

I have the same issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events