Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I influence the default indent?

Matthias Krohn February 10, 2015

When I indent a paragraph with the "Indent" button, the paragraph gets an indent of 30px:
<p style="margin-left: 30.0px;">My text</p>

I would prefer to set the indent via a <div> element and a CSS class:
<div class="Indent1"><p>My text</p></div>

Doing so, I could change also at a later time globally all indents. Is it possible to change the behavior of the "indent" button accordingly?

Alternative: At least I would like to change the default value of 30.0px for the indent? I know that this would not be influence already existing indents, but definitely for a new space this would be helpful.

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2015

You could create a user macro that implements your indent. Then if you want to change it in the future you just change the user macro and all the pages that use that macro would change. Won't look as pretty in edit mode, but it would display the way you want.

Matthias Krohn February 11, 2015

Thanks for your hint, Davin. I tested the <div> statement as described in my question with the Confluence Source Editor and it works properly. The same applies to the <div> macro from the Adaptavist Content Formatting Macros. But both variants need additional time for editing, which is not acceptable. Therefore, I look for a solution to change the default (!) indents, so authors does not need to change their kind of writng/formatting.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events