Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I indicate to others that an attachment has been updated?

Stephanie S. July 28, 2014

Hi,

We are new to Confluence and are currently building a document list.

In this list we attach the documents.

In due time they might need to be replaced with a newer version. At that point we would like to have an automatic flag made for the newly uploaded file attachment, 'new' and a date stamp of the upload date.

We are aware that if users are watching a space/page they will get notified of a change, nomatter how it would be great to have this additional feature.

Is there a way, plug in or other to realize our request?

Thanks in advance for your help

2 answers

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2014

Hi Stephanie,

In addition to Joe comment above, I could find this feature request that might be of assistance:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-4462

I suggest to vote and ask your colleagues to vote as well to increase popularity and the chance to be implemented in the future.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2014

Hi Stephanie, as far as I know, if you attach a new attachment with the same name (given that there is an existing one in Confluence already), it will be considered as a new version of the attachment.

It will also include the date which the new version was attached, as well as who attached it. I recommend that you take a look at this article here as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events