Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I import .ReqIF file format and excel format in confluence cloud?

rbalamu2 May 31, 2022

How can I import .ReqIF file format and excel format in confluence cloud?

Help me please!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2022

From memory, .reqif files are xml based files for exchanging requirement documentats.

Confluence is not a requirements management tool (although some do use it for requirements), so there's nowhere to import most of the data to. 

You could attach the raw files, but if that's not good enough, you'll need to find or write something that can convert the XML into something more suitable for Confluence.

rbalamu2 May 31, 2022

Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- . This is helpful! 

rbalamu2 May 31, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,
Any idea on how can I import Excel to confluence? 
I can only see the below options.

import confluence options.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

Confluence is also not a system for handling lists of items.

It makes no sense to import an excel sheet.  What would each line of the sheet become?  Pages?

rbalamu2 June 2, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,
We are exploring ways to use confluence as requirement management tool. Thanks!

rbalamu2 June 8, 2022

Can someone suggest me a plugin which can import regIF file to confluence cloud?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2022

There isn't one. 

There are a couple for Server, but that's not a solution for you if you're going to be doing this repeatedly.  (If it's a one-off, you could fire up a development Confluence, add requirements Yogi and the ReqIf importer, run the imports, then migrate it into your Cloud system, but I'm not sure if that would get everything you want from the files)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2022

Oh, I would also strongly recommend a look at "requirements yogi" for Confluence Cloud if you're trying to use Confluence for requirement management.

rbalamu2 June 10, 2022

Thanks Nic :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events