Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I hide the space directory for certain groups?

Jade Naylor March 19, 2019

Hi all,

I am aware there is previous information regarding this, but I can't seem to find a definite or clear answer :/ 

I have created a space that is to be used as a global rollout tool and therefore created groups for each region to ensure privacy and organisation between each market at a page level. However, I can not seem to find the ability nor anything regarding hiding other spaces. Therefore, our client is able to see the bodies of work with other clients which is a real concern. Is there any way whatsoever, of hiding the space directory and any way of navigation to other spaces. Thus restricting access to the specified and permitted space?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2019

Hi @Jade Naylor 

how did you define global and space access for the different groups? Did you use any unlicensed access?

What is your permission and restriction schematic for the several groups you created?

Please pay attention that users which are members in several groups have added permissions from each group.

Jade Naylor March 20, 2019

Hi @Fabienne Gerhard , 

Thank you for responding!

I have created user groups and then set all pages within the space as restricted from view and edit. I have then allowed view access for relevant groups.

Example: 

Page 1:

Viewing and editing restrictions;

• Everyone: has no access
  • Group 1: Can view
  • Group 2: Can view and edit

This seems to be working the way we would like, in terms of navigation around the space. The issue is that users are not restricted to this space only, and have the ability to browse across other spaces.

Hope this better explains my issue

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2019

Hi @Jade Naylor - what are the global and space permissions for the groups?

Because - let's have the view from group 1

They can view one page - but what are their rights for the whole space? And what are the rights for the whole system. 

To me it sounds like group 1 has global access - can view - for your whole confluence so that they can see other spaces, too. Maybe the members are users of other groups (like confluence-users) by default that have other permissions as well?

Jade Naylor March 20, 2019

Hi @Fabienne Gerhard

Yes, I believe it to be the case that users by default have global access. I can't seem to find how I would change this permission. 

When I remove a user from 'confluence-user', they can't access the space?

Thanks

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2019

You should check out your permission schema! Check out one user and uncheck confluence-users group (if checked on)

Pay attention that the group where the user is on (Group 1 here) still needs can use in global permission!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events