How can I hide the space administrators list on the space details screen from anonymous users in Confluence 5.x?

Dawn Havill May 7, 2014

Confluence 5.x displays the a list of the space administrators on the Overview tab in the Space Details section. I'd like to hide the list from anonymous users but let it display for logged in users. If this is not possible, can I hide the display for all users?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
discountrobot
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

Adding to what Ryan have already said.

To hide this field from users who are not logged in you could do the following:

<script>
AJS.toInit(function(){
    if(!AJS.params.remoteUser) { 
        $('#spaceCreator').parent('.field-group').hide() 
    }
});
</script>

Add this to the Custom HTML field of the admin panel and anon users can no longer see the creator.

Dawn Havill May 14, 2014

Thanks for the information. You and Ryan (above) have pointed me in the right direction.

1 vote
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

Hi Dawn,

As for configuring to show this for logged in users vs non-logged in users, you would need to do some deeper customization.

For a quicker solution, I would recommend adding a style sheet rule that hides the element you want to hide. You can put this rule in the Global stylesheet so that all spaces inherit and respect this rule.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Styling+Confluence+with+CSS

I've included a screen shot of a working example of this value being hidden.

hidden space administrators

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events