How can I hide the space administrators list on the space details screen from anonymous users in Confluence 5.x?

Confluence 5.x displays the a list of the space administrators on the Overview tab in the Space Details section. I'd like to hide the list from anonymous users but let it display for logged in users. If this is not possible, can I hide the display for all users?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Adding to what Ryan have already said.

To hide this field from users who are not logged in you could do the following:

<script>
AJS.toInit(function(){
    if(!AJS.params.remoteUser) { 
        $('#spaceCreator').parent('.field-group').hide() 
    }
});
</script>

Add this to the Custom HTML field of the admin panel and anon users can no longer see the creator.

Thanks for the information. You and Ryan (above) have pointed me in the right direction.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Dawn,

As for configuring to show this for logged in users vs non-logged in users, you would need to do some deeper customization.

For a quicker solution, I would recommend adding a style sheet rule that hides the element you want to hide. You can put this rule in the Global stylesheet so that all spaces inherit and respect this rule.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Styling+Confluence+with+CSS

I've included a screen shot of a working example of this value being hidden.

hidden space administrators

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

480 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you