Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I group favourites (favorites) in Confluence ?

Paula Dasch September 10, 2013

Hi.

I am looking for a way for my users to group their favourites in Confluence. I just can find documentation about creating and deleting favourites. But if you have a lot of favourites, there seems to be the desire to sort or group them somehow - I thing to have the ability to handle them better.

I could not find a plugin for that issue either.

Thanks in advance for any helpful answers

Best regards

Paula

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2013

There is no built-in way to do this, but it could be done with a macro, or probably even a user macro. Design-wise you would probably want to group them by user labels. Users could apply labels such as my:tools, my:todo, my:projects, my:stuff, etc to their favorite pages and then the favorites would be grouped by the user label ... I think that would be the easiest way to do it and utilize as much of the existing framework as possible.

FYI, really favorites are just pages with the user label my:favourite(British spelling) applied to them.

Paula Dasch September 12, 2013

Thank you for your helpful answer

Best regards

1 vote
Paula Dasch September 29, 2013

I think Atlassian said somewhere that the ability to use my:labels is deprecated. That means, in some future release of Confluence it won't be possible to use private labels any more.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2014

Hmmm. You are correct. Ugh! I quite like the personal labels.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events