How can I give full admin rights to a user?

How can I give full admin rights to a user?
I need them to be allowed to create, modify, edit oder delete anything - and don't know how to access those settings...

5 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

And version of Confluence?

Put them in the admin group.

But, that only gives them Admin rights. There's no such thing as a blanket can-do-anything account in Atlassian products (and rightly so - it's a dreadful security model). Even your administrators will still need to be added to the spaces to enable their access. The usual trick is, of course, to use the Admin group(s) in permissions by default.

Hosted ('on demand') version ... I don't think there is a version number for that, is there?

You can do it via app admin :)

confluence.com/admin/permissions/globalpermissions.action

Thanks.
I have added them to the Admin groups, but there has to be something different - in any user list it reads '[Administrator]' next to my name and I cannot edit that by adding people to any group (for that matter, deleting existing Admins them from all groups doesn't seem to remove that label...).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

208 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you