Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my dashboard to look like the advertised 5.9 dashboard screenshot from Atlassian?

George Baier IV April 26, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Editing the Site Welcome Message

We upgraded from 5.8 to 5.9.7 and were really looking forward to the new Dashboard design. I reset the Welcome Message template to default, but the overall page still doesn't look anything like the image that Atlassian advertised with the 5.9 release notes: 

Dashboard-820px_Annotated_RN.png

Instead, it looks like this:

Dashboard_-_Macmillan_Confluence.png

2 answers

2 votes
Bertrand Pelletier May 2, 2016

I have the same problem as George, and I didn't click any links to revert to the old dashboard. And no reference to simple.dashboard.disabled in my "Dark Features" page.

Upgraded from 5.6 -> 5.7 -> 5.8 -> 5.9.

George Baier IV May 2, 2016

Exactly! I was never prompted to choose... and there is no dark feature enabled that can be turned off...

1 vote
Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2016

Hi George, 

The first time you viewed the dashboard you would have been presented with an option to switch back to the old dashboard. There was also a link in the bottom of the new sidebar to switch back. Chances are you've clicked one of these links. 

You can get the new dashboard back by removing a dark feature in your site.  See the 'recommended solution' section of this KB article How to reenable the new dashboard in Confluence 5.9

There is no dark feature enabled on my site. That's the confusing part. I was never prompted to choose a dashboard look/feel after the upgrade was completed.

Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2016

Something very strange is going on in that case.  I think the best thing to do will be to raise a support request so an engineer can troubleshoot what is going on in your site. There may be a third party add-on or theme that is conflicting perhaps?  

We don't have any Theme plugins or items that affect the dashboard. I've raised a ticket with our host (Clearvision). These are the plugins we run and everything says compatible up to 5.9.9

confluence_plugins.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events