How can I fix a Confluence questions rendering problem

I have also a problem. If I want to add the question macro to a page, I see only the mistake "Error rendering macro 'questionslist-macro' : Unable to compile Soy templates at: com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-questions:questionslistmacro-resources". (Confluence Version 5.8.5). I have 229 component modules activated of the macro. I have no idea how can I fix it?

That is an excerpt of the log-file.

Caused by: com.atlassian.soy.renderer.SoyException: Unable to compile Soy templates at: com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-questions:questionslistmacro-resources
    at com.atlassian.soy.impl.DefaultSoyManager.render(DefaultSoyManager.java:125)
    at com.atlassian.soy.impl.DefaultSoyTemplateRenderer.render(DefaultSoyTemplateRenderer.java:52)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor911.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
... 345 more
Caused by: com.google.common.util.concurrent.UncheckedExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Required plugin module com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-help-tips:common was either missing or disabled

1 answer

1 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jul 10, 2017

Let's dig into the second "caused by:" entry. It seems to indicate that the plugin atlassian-help-tips is missing or disabled. Please check on that plugin and see if it can be enabled if it's disabled.

Thank you! The tip is correct. The plugin atlassian-help-tips must be enabled.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

867 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you