How can I fix a Confluence questions rendering problem

Bob Do July 4, 2017

I have also a problem. If I want to add the question macro to a page, I see only the mistake "Error rendering macro 'questionslist-macro' : Unable to compile Soy templates at: com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-questions:questionslistmacro-resources". (Confluence Version 5.8.5). I have 229 component modules activated of the macro. I have no idea how can I fix it?

That is an excerpt of the log-file.

Caused by: com.atlassian.soy.renderer.SoyException: Unable to compile Soy templates at: com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-questions:questionslistmacro-resources
    at com.atlassian.soy.impl.DefaultSoyManager.render(DefaultSoyManager.java:125)
    at com.atlassian.soy.impl.DefaultSoyTemplateRenderer.render(DefaultSoyTemplateRenderer.java:52)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor911.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
... 345 more
Caused by: com.google.common.util.concurrent.UncheckedExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Required plugin module com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-help-tips:common was either missing or disabled

1 answer

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2017

Let's dig into the second "caused by:" entry. It seems to indicate that the plugin atlassian-help-tips is missing or disabled. Please check on that plugin and see if it can be enabled if it's disabled.

Bob Do July 17, 2017

Thank you! The tip is correct. The plugin atlassian-help-tips must be enabled.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events