How can I edit text on the "no results found" page?

Hal Perrin July 25, 2013

How can I edit text on the "no results found" page?

4 answers

0 votes
Hal Perrin July 25, 2013

Okay, here's the problem. We are a software development firm, and for one of our software applications we provide both a Web and a desktop program edition. Using Spoon technology, we "spoon" our desktop program edition to our customers via our Web program edition. We use Confluence as the help system for our Web edition. (Our spooned desktop program edition has it's own help system within the desktop program itself.) Our Web customers are, understandably, not making the distinction between the two help systems. When our customers conduct a desktop related search in our Web edition help system (our Confluence space), the "No Results Found" page comes up every time. When this happens, we need the "No Results Found" page in Confluence to direct our customers to the desktop help system. This is a major issue for us. We must be able to edit (have control of) the content on the "No Results Found" page in Confluence. If editing Lucene is the only way to solve this problem, then please tell me how to do that. Thank you.

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2013

Hi Hal!

Since we use Lucene as search engine, I don't believe will be possible to simple edit this, unless you edit lucene itself.

Cheers.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2013

You're asking about the "no results found" for the search function, not a 404 (page not found), right?

You could modify the logic in the /decorators/search.vmd file to change the output.

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2013

Hi Hal,

I couldn't found this error message among the VM files of Confluence, so I'm afraid it's not possible to edit this error message.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events