Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I define Parts of a Page to be easy reused?

a.haaken March 15, 2012

Whta we need is some kind of Partial Template to insert in a page. I think this could be solved by a content macro?

Any other suggestions?

1 answer

1 vote
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2012

Hi,

You could use the Excerpt Include macro - http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Excerpt+Include+Macro

Create a library of excerpts and then use them in whichever pages they are needed.

Andrew.

a.haaken March 15, 2012

Thanks, thats something i need too!

But my question was not specific enough. Lets say, i need a table for some vaules, that I want to include on several pages. But i dont want to write the Table from scratch every time.

Some kind of contentsnippet to reuse?

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2012

Ah ok, Struggling with this one a bit. If the table and its values are the same you the excerpt include would work for that as well, but if it's just a skeleton table and the values are different then a User Macro (http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Writing+User+Macros) might work. For a user macro you could have something like:

## Macro title: My Macro
## Macro has a body: Y or N
## Body processing: Selected body processing option
## Output: Selected output option
##
## Developed by: My Name
## Date created: dd/mm/yyyy
## Installed by: My Name

## This is an example macro
## @noparams

<table>
  <tbody>
    <tr>
      <th>Year</th>
      <th>No. of Widgets</th>
      <th>No. of Grommets</th>
    </tr>
      $body
  </tbody>
</table>

where $body would be the text you entered between opening and closing {tablemacro} tags. The problem with this is that what you would have to enter for the body would be the raw HTML, e.g. <tr><td>column1</td></tr><tr><td>column2</td></tr> , which is more timeconsuming and error-prone than just selecting Insert -> Table in the editor .

Another really low tech option if it's just a table skeleton is create a page with different table layouts and copy and paste the one you want each time.

Andrew.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events