Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create a categorie with a space in the name?

Alexander Schätzle June 1, 2014

I am trying to create a categorie which should be called "Human Ressource".

Unfortunately it is not possible to create it without doing it with a hyphen.
Even then it would be not like "Human-Resource" but rather like "Human-resource"...

My Question now: Is it possible to create a categorie, which is named "Human Resource" with a gap between two words? If I'm doing it with a gap, there will be automatically two seperate labels ("human" and "resource")

I would be very thankfull for an answer!

Greets!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
salehparsa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2014

Hi Alexander,

Unfortunately it's not possible to add a gap between two words in a label now. However, I've found following improvemtn request:

I'd recommend you to take a look at Implementation of New Features Policy to see How Atlassian Chooses What to Implement.

Cheers,

Saleh

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2014

That's correct, although I think you mean labels. The whole point of these is that they're supposed to be single words, or you can't do useful searches for them.

Anyway, try the underscore instead of hyphens or spaces - the labels recognise _ as characters in words.

Alexander Schätzle June 1, 2014

Hey guys,

thank you for your answers. That's what I already suspected..

But is it even impossible to get a second big letter e.g. "Human-Ressource"?

Now i've solved it like that:

Any ideas ?

Greetings!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2014

No. The whole point of these labels is that they're easy to define and mean the same thing.

There is not really any difference between human and Human when you're searching or categorising stuff, so Confluence takes a simple consistent approach of sticking with lowercase throughout.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events