How can I copy the " name list", who had the access to one page, to another page?

Tao Zhang January 5, 2021

Is there any function for that? Rightnow I have to add the names one by one if I create a new page.

1 answer

0 votes
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

Hi @Tao Zhang , 

Welcome to the community! 
I think your might be referring to the page permissions you give to individual users. 

If I understand correctly, you want to give a group of users that have permissions on 1 page, view and/or edit rights to another page. 

Sadly there is no copy-paste function to help you with this, but there are a few other this you could do based on the situation: 

•  you could think about using a parent-page to add above both existing pages. View rights are transferrable parent -> child, so if it makes sense content-wise, you could set the permissions on a higher level, and if you change if for 1 of the pages, it will be fixed for all children as well. Of course, this must make sense content-wise as well.
  • If you use the same group of users regularly for permissions, you might think about creating a user group for this purpose and adding them by group instead of individually. 

Hope this helps, 
Please let me know if you have other questions or if the question was misunderstood! 

• Tessa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events