Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the name of my Draw.io diagram?

IT Support June 2, 2016

It is possible to edit the macro, in order to change some metadata: size, toolbar & border.  However I don't get the option to change the name.

If I go into the page code and change the macro's diagramName there, the macro's connection to the diagram data seems to break.

Any tips?

-Michael

6 answers

1 vote
Nick Jones August 13, 2018

I just tested this on Confluence Server 6.9.1 with Draw.io 8.0.3, and I find that if I edit the page that includes the diagram, then click Edit Macro (not Edit) on the Draw.io diagram, it gives me a Diagram Title field I can set. That causes the displayed name (when hovering over the diagram) to change to the value I set. Hope this helps.

0 votes
Michael Davis January 18, 2018

Thanks, David.  I've voted now too.

0 votes
Deleted user November 16, 2016

I don't understand it. Where can I access the page code. Can I habe a detailed description

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2016

You'd need to copy, then change the names of the corresponding attachments copies on the page (both the diagram XML and the PNG preview). You should copy and rename them, rather than rename, so that the page history is intact.

In additional, you need to edit the storage format for the page (source editors are available for both Confluence Server and Cloud), find the "diagramName" parameter in the draw.io macro for that diagram and change the value to new name.

Atlassian supply a free source editor for Server, but its operation and updating aren't always great.

There's always pay-for source editor for both Server and Cloud, which I've found to work really well.

Rodolfo January 16, 2018

Where can we submit a feature request for this?

It doesn't make sense that a basic functionality like this needs to be so complicated that people can't even understand the steps to follow.

Like Miriam Hopton likes this
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2018

https://trello.com/c/ukNgJcjz/105-rename-diagrams-attachments-and-macro . It's already accepted and on the todo, but still please vote for it.

Rodolfo January 17, 2018

I voted! Is there a Trello board for Draw.io Confluence Cloud?

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2018

Yes, you can find all boards at https://trello.com/drawio1

0 votes
IT Support June 2, 2016

server

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2016

Is this Confluence Server or Cloud?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events