Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change my @mention handle?

jthomasburrows
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2016

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
danny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2016

You can change it via the Profile option in the drop down menu available from your avatar in the top right corner of your HipChat desktop client (web or native client). Here is a quick video that shows the process. 

http://www.screencast.com/t/s6X6OMXt7ea3

jthomasburrows
Atlassian Team
November 16, 2016

Thanks Daniel! That worked a treat for Hipchat! 

Like Joseph Hoffa likes this
0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2016

Your @mention handle is your username.  When accounts are created the local part of your email address is used as the default username.  So if your email address is JohnDoe@example.com, your username would default to JohnDoe, and therefore your @mention handle as well.

I don't know how this works in HipChat, but in Confluence only a site admin can change usernames.  It's a trivial task, but you do need permission to access User Management, which only site admins can normally do.

0 votes
darrenpegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2016

I believe this is driven by username/fullname attributes - changing these would do it. Though if connected via LDAP/AD for user management you can change this via the givenname + sn  via the DisplayName attribute.

Is it broken?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events