Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I automate updating pages based on table with team members

Kamil Kulik October 3, 2019

Situation is as follows:

We have a team of several dozen people on the project. There is one confluence page with a table that includes all team members (split by sub-teams) - let's call it team register. There are other pages like holiday tracker, accesses tracker, communication plan that also require to list all those people.

Challenge:

There are currently 4 different places in confluence that need to be updated with same data every time someone joins / leaves the project (which happens regularly). Now it has to be done manually.

Tested solutions:

1. Using Excerpt macro is good for displaying teams on few pages but, as soon as team structure changes, this destroys the sub-page where people and corresponding records are misaligned.

I was also thinking about using dedicated apps for each functionality (e.g. Clockify.me for holiday tracking), but would like to avoid multiplying tools used for one project.

1 answer

1 vote
Parvaneh Zand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2019

Use Confiform to create a dataset. Define fields, that are actually columns of all tables, you need to enter all data for each member once again, after that you are able to show those fields on different Table-Views wherever you want. You can also update those data in the first form for each member, or delete just one row!

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/ConfiForms+app+for+creating+forms+in+Confluence

filtering option is also available, I mean you can filter tables with specific groups, managing users and members with these groups helps you to keep the data up to date instead of editing all those pages.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-groups-for-administrators-138706.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events