Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I automate modification of a seperate page from within a page?

Peter_Steven_Price April 23, 2018

I have a Parent page that contains Child pages that represent active regions.

I also have a parent page (again with child pages) that represent inactive regions.

I would like to add a button to the active parent that allows me to 'Transfer' a Child page to the inactive parent without having to go through a 2 step process (ie modiy the 'Tag' via EDIT and then use the MOVE from the dropdown menu to actually move it.

I cant create my own macro to do this and was advised to use a HTML macro, but the HTML Button macro doesn't help me with this. any advice on how this can be easily achieved?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2018

Hi Peter,

Simply put, you want a button in Confluence that moves a child from one parent to another without having to click through all the steps. Correct?

I'm not aware of any ways to do this within Confluence natively besides writing a User Macro, but I understand that Comala has some workflows add-ons that might be able to help you with that.

I haven't personally used this add-on but I saw a few other users on Community looking for a similar feature and this was suggested in the past.

Have a look there and let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events