How can I add the values of a column in a table in confluence?

Sujata April 7, 2016

I want the total of a column in a table in confluence. I dont want any plug in just simple total column value. How can I do this? Is there a html code that I use in the html macro? 

5 answers

2 votes
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2016

hi,

as far as i know it is not possible to do simple calculation. but here are what I can think of as an option:

you can create your table in an excel file, do your calculation, add it to your confluence page and use excel macro to show it on your page. 

or

you can use this free plugin: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.tngtech.confluence.plugins.tableenhancer/server/overview

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2017

Table Filter and Charts add-on provides you with an ability to add a total column or row. Or you can use Pivot Table for calculations.

0 votes
CelesteCS June 3, 2016

Hello!

For any calculations in Confluence, including any manipulations with table data, you may use CelesteCS Math for Confluence.

Assume you have a table with three columns and three rows on your page – from A1 till C3, where row 1 is the header row. The sum calculation formula for rows 2 and 3 will be simple:

SUM(Table1.A2:C3)

There is a plenty of other functions in the macro, so you may perform any calculations using formulas in EXCEL style.

Thanks!

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2016

The Table Plus Macro from Advanced Tables for Confluence has auto total and average capabilities. Formatting the Auto Total Row for Numeric Columns has more details.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events