How can I add numbered headings to multiexcerpt and multiexcerpt include?

Elad Zurgil December 12, 2022

Hi,

I'm trying to add numbering using numbered headings to a multiexcerpt macro and have it show up in another page with multiexcerpt include.

The numbered headings aren't showing.

Regular on manual numbering works.

Is there any known issue?

Is there a workaround?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Elad Zurgil December 18, 2022

Hello Nishanth, thanks for getting back to me,

I've added all photos.

I tried 2 ways to add numbered headings to show in ME include.

1st way - I edited the ME source using the headings and numbered headings on top edit bar. Then when I go to ME include the numbers of the headings are missing.

2nd way - I added a numbered headings Macro inside the ME block with automatic numbered headings and updated. Again, the numbers for the headings are missing in ME include.

Please let me know if i'm doing something wrong or missing anything.

Thanks, Elad

ME include missing the numbered headings.PNGME include with Numbered Headings Macro missing heading numbering.PNGME source edit w Numbered Heading inside.PNGME source edit with Numbered Headings Macro.PNGME source w Numbered Headings inside.PNGME source.PNG

Nishanth Thimmareddy _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 19, 2022

Thank you very much @Elad Zurgil for taking your time and sending all the required details. Really appreciate it.

Just an update that our team will be looking into this. Thanks.

Regards,

Nishanth T

Elad Zurgil December 19, 2022

Thank you

Ture Hoefner _Appfire_ December 20, 2022

Hello @Elad Zurgil 

Would an accurate problem description be that MultiExcerpt Include does not render numbered headings from a MultiExcerpt when the page that the MultiExcerpt Include is on does NOT have numbered headings enabled?

I have been experimenting with the scenarios you described and I can see the problem you describe only if numbered headings are not enabled on the MultiExcerpt Include page.  In your screenshots I can see that numbered headings are not enabled on your MultiExcerpt Include page.  Is that intentional?

Are you saying you would like the content inside of the MultiExcerpt Include to use numbered headings from the MultiExcerpt without needing to enable numbered headings for the MultiExcerpt Include page?  Use the numbered headings from the MultiExcerpt based on the "enabled" flag from the original MultiExcerpt page?

Maybe the use-case would be that, on the MultiExcerpt Include page, you want headings to be numbered ONLY in the content that is from the MultiExcerpt but you want the rest of the MultiExcerpt Include page to not number headings?

Elad Zurgil December 21, 2022

Thank you very much Ture,

Indeed the numbered headings was disables on the ME include page.

Enabling solves it.

We were under the impression that because it's a reflection of the ME there's no need to apply on ME include block.

0 votes
Nishanth Thimmareddy _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Elad Zurgil

Welcome to the community! I am Nishanth, the product manager for Numbered Headings and MultiExcerpt. Can you please elaborate on your request here for our team to look at? 

We have tried doing the following and it works well:

1. Created an ME macro with content that has headings
  2. Numbered those headings in the MultiExcerpt macro (please tell us a little bit more about how you have added numbers to those headings in the MultiExcerpt macro, screenshots would help certainly)
  3. Then, went to another page to include the created MultiExcerpt using MultiExcerpt Include macro
  4. The headings are fine on the source page and included page.

Are we missing anything here? Please let us know.

Regards,

Nishanth T

Sr. PM - Appfire

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events