How can I add myself as a confluence admin, so that I can delete a "Space"

greg elofson April 1, 2012

I have logged in as admin, but cannot ad myself as a confluence admin. I have created a new user, but cannot add that new user to confluence admin. There is not option for "space" admin, because I cannot -- as an admin -- give privileges for confluence and/or space admin.

4 answers

0 votes

Yes, there is someone. It is the sysadmin @noreply. However, while the group for confluence admins was closed to all, under the General Tab permission section, I was able to make it work in the following way: JIRA > Administration > Wiki > Permissions > Space Permissions > Manage Permissions (for a unique Space) > Remove Space. This worked after changing the permission under the Wiki tab, to allow the admin to also be a confluence admin. My prior error was due to trying to change permissions from the "General" tab, instead of the Wiki tab. And this was disallowed for confluence admin.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2012

There must be someone with Confluence Admin rights? Only they can add more people as admin!

0 votes

No, I'm not. (Actually I read through some earlier comments you were able to offer another, on the same issue. That person was able to log in as a confluence admin, I am not. Based on your earlier helpful comment, I endeavored to log in as a confluence admin. While I am logged in as an Admin, I am not a confluence admin. Therefore, I tried to change mygroup permissions to become a confluence admin--but was disallowed. I tried to create a new user and give that new user confluence admin privs, but was disallowed. I checked to be sure that i was logged in as an admin, and i was. Right now, only the sysadmin is in the confluence admin group, and no others mayjoin that group. Therefore, i cannot delete a Space.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2012

Are you logged in as a Confluence Admin?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events