Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I achieve the functionality where multiple versions of the same document could be published simultaneously?

Sujit Thakur January 11, 2015

Hi, I have a question regarding Scroll Versions plugin. As per my understanding, Scroll Version helps us with the below functions:

1. Easily copy and create multiple version of the document within a space.
2. Publishing a particular version of document for customers.
3. While a document version is published, we can review / modify an another version.

My question is

1. How can I achieve the functionality where multiple versions of the same document could be published simultaneously? As present in the below link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ALLDOC/Confluence+Documentation+Directory

This satisfies the requirement where different customers who are on different product releases could view respective product release documentation and not the latest documentation only.

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2015

Scroll Versions is a commercial add-on written and supported by K15t software. You can contact them for formal technical support by visiting http://support.k15t.com/

0 votes
Justin Justin January 11, 2015

Interesting Sujit.

I am not sure if overkill or good additional options for you, but from what you describe, technically AppFusions' Enterprise Translation Hub for Confluence handles the full-doc case you have described (except in this case you would not be translating .. you'd select same language. English, I guess. Or easily, you could simultaneously translate for other doc outputs as well). The resulting docs are output into separate spaces, separate space searches, concurrently and automated.

Actually, the doc-release workflow logic was modeled on the Atlassian Documentation set, so that is not a coincidence. Their published doc output model is pretty good. 

Note: in using the above add-on and scenario, we have been using Scroll Versions as well.

There's probably other ways to do all this, and I am sure there are also other questions to vet, explore in all this. Just ideas to help you along as you sort your strategy/doc plans.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events