How Do I resolve "JIRA Issues Macro: Unable to locate JIRA server for this macro.?

Lou Barsony June 1, 2015

I get the message

"JIRA Issues Macro: Unable to locate JIRA server for this macro. It may be due to Application Link configuration."

When reviewing Requirement docs in a Confluence Space. However, when I edit the document, again in
the Confluence Space, I can see the corresponding issue and no error message is seen.
Other messages seen are -
"JIRA Issues Macro: Unable to locate JIRA server for this macro. It may be due to Application Link configuration. "
and
"Requirement macro: Not found"
All of these links magically appear when I edit the document.
Could it be a timeout that needs to be reset or is it something else that I am missing.
Oh, this space was recently migrated from a pilot Confluence that used the HSQL database.
Confluence is 5.7.1 and JIRA is 6.3.14. Both are on Windows Server 2008 R2.

2 answers

0 votes
Lou Barsony June 3, 2015

I had the following link provided to me. This certainly looks good and I will give it a try!

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+bulk+edit+JIRA+Issue+Macro+to+point+to+a+different+JIRA+instance

0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2015

Hi Lou, 

Since we have recently migrated content of Confluence, one thing that you can consider is to look if the add-ons are enabled in the instance (as we could see that the 'requirement' macro is having issues). For that, you can try using the query below to see it inside the database:

select BANDANAVALUE from BANDANA where BANDANAKEY = 'plugin.manager.state.Map';

Then, for the application links issues, you mentioned that the content is displayed once you try to edit the document which could be also related to the authentication and the user management in the instance. So, can you confirm which authentication are you using for the App links and if it would be possible for you to re-create it from the scratch?

PS: If using proxy or redirections, you can consider trying to bypass the application links proxy

Hope it helps you, sir. In case of having the issue persisting, you can consider raising a new ticket in our support channel: https://support.atlassian.com 

Kind Regards,
Giuliano Tenedini
Confluence/Crowd Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events