Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal bar graph of Jira data in Confluence (or Jira)?

Young Cho October 3, 2022

Hoping you can help with my problem.

I am looking to do a visual that shows the issue statuses of my epics in Jira.  Each bar would represent an epic.  I found a couple of vertical bar graph gadgets that comes close to what i'm looking for.  But the number of epics is limited by the horizontal space.

My epic list is quite long so I need a horizontal stacked bar graph so that I can stack the epics down the screen.  It's more ergonomic to scroll down than right.

How can I do a horizontal bar graph in Confluence or even in Jira?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

2 answers

3 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2022

Hi @Young Cho ,

If your company uses our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app (it's a 3rd party plugin) and we are talking about Confluence, please note that its Chart from Table macro supports the Jira Issues macro as a source table.

It means that you will be able to aggregate your issues with the help of the Pivot Table macro, perform calculations with the help of the Table Transformer macro and visualize your data with the help of the Chart from Table macro that includes horizontal bar graph as well.

Here you may find several examples of the dashboards based on the Jira Issues macros.

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2022

Hi @Young Cho 

These are the limitations of Jira reports, inbuilt reports are great but you can't customise them a lot. I personally use eazyBI a lot for a bit more customised reporting. There are other reporting apps that you can take a look at on the marketplace.

Ravi

Gerda Grantiņa
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2022

Thanks for mentioning @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ ! :) 
Yes, eazyBI allows a lot of customization, and there is an option to have vertical stacked bar charts. See different examples in the eazyBI Demo account: https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/dashboards/14871-chart-types

best,

Gerda // support@eazyBI.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events