Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homepage gives 404 "Page not found" instead of going to Dashboard

fkading February 5, 2014

I am not sure what happened, but I no longer see the dashboard when I connect to my confluence ondemand setup. I simply get the following 404 error:

The page you were trying to reach could not be found. This could be because

• The page does not exist.
  • The page exists, but you do not have permission to view it.

Changing the homepage to point to a specific space in the Confluence General Configuration does not help either. In fact neither does browsing to the <wiki.url>/index.action page. Browsing to <wiki.url>/homepage.action or <wiki.url>/dashboard.action, however, does work!

So this does not appear to be a permissions issue, as the dashboard is accessible using the direct link. Furthermore, this is happening to all our users, both confluence administrators and regular users. Note that otherwise Confluence works as expected.

What could be the problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2014

Hi Florian,

The default wiki page on OnDemand would be instance.atlassian.net/wiki/

So the Dashboard is: instance.atlassian.net/wiki/dashboard.action

I recomend creating a support request at support.atlassian.comto address technical problems if it is not working.

Cheers

fkading February 11, 2014

Thank you. I created a support issue and the problem was eventually resolved by support staff rebooting my on-demand Confluence instance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events