Home page is vanished after moving to a different space

sn October 11, 2017

hi all,

users of Confluence 5.10 server.

I moved the home page from my personal space to a different space then i moved it back to my home page. Now, when i click on my name, it is opening a page with updated page info but not the homepage. i tried reordering but not helping.

i cannot see the home icon anymore beside any of my pages

is this a bug? is there a workaround.

thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2017

Hi sn,

I just tried to replicate this on my own instance, and it appears you may have inadvertently orphaned the page.

You can check this by going to your personal space, clicking on Space Tools at the bottom, and then under Content Tools click Orphaned Pages. If your page is there, then we can set it back as the home page so it won't be orphaned anymore.

To do this, click on Overview under Space Tools, and then on the Space Details tab, click Edit Space Details. Then, at the bottom, next to Home page: you can type in the name of your homepage. Save this, and you'll see that now when you click on your name, your home page will display again.

Can you give that a try?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

sn October 12, 2017

There were not orphaned but adding the home page worked !!!

thank you Shannon :)

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2017

What a relief! :) Glad you were able to get that sorted out.

Take care and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

sn October 16, 2017

hi Shannon,

I'm trying to reorder pages. trying to hide them in the side bar or tree. so, I used to move them to above the home page. but after my above scenario, this doesn't seem to be working.

any pointers to help me out here are much appreciated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events